Centerpoint - News you can use. Back to Centerpoint.
Home Accessibility Improvement Loans
March 18th, 2011
Options for Independent Living Inc. (Options) has received a HOME Single-Family Housing (HSF) grant from the Wisconsin Department of Commerce, Division of Housing and Community Development. This grant has been used to establish a Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program to conserve, rehabilitate and improve residential property occupied by low and moderate-income (LMI) homeowners. This program provides deferred payment no interest loans to low and moderate-income level persons with a disability for the purpose of making accessibility modifications and general repairs to their owner-occupied home. The loan must be paid when the property is sold, transferred, or ceases to be the borrower’s principal place of residence. Types of projects eligible to receive a grant include ramp construction, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom modifications, additions, and general housing rehabilitation/repairs.
Applicants must meet the following initial eligibility requirements to be considered for a loan:
- Must have a physical or sensory disability.
- Total household income must be within the established guidelines for their respective county.
- Must be a resident of Brown (outside Green Bay City limits), Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Marquette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Shawano, Sheboygan, Waupaca, Waushara, or Winnebago Counties.
- Must own his/her own home or live with a member who owns their own home.
- The home must meet Section 8 Inspection Guidelines as established by HUD at completion.
- Property taxes, homeowner’s insurance, and mortgages must be paid up to date.
Applications and More Information
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit an application. Applications are reviewed on a first come first served basis having met all of the initial eligibility requirements. Each project must have a minimum cost of $1,000. The limit for each loan may not exceed $25,000.00.
For more information or an application please contact:
- Steve LaFrombois, HOME Program Coordinator
- 920-490-8270 Ext 122 or toll free at 1-888-465-1515 Ext 122
Or you may write to:
Home Program Coordinator
Options for Independent Living, Inc.
PO Box 11967
Green Bay, WI 54307-1967