Customize this Website
You can make this website easier to view by changing the style and text size.
- Dark background with light text. (High Contrast)
- Light background with dark text. (Standard) - Currently Selected
- No style, uses your browser's default settings.
You can also set everything back to normal.
Accessible Design Practices
Options for Independent Living, Inc. recognizes the importance of providing a website that is accessible to all user groups. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback regarding the accessibility of this site, or if you experience any difficulty using it.
- All images have text alternates (ALT attributes).
- All text uses relative font sizes so text can be enlarged or reduced using the text size options available in visual browsers.
- The site can be navigated without the use of a mouse through the use of accesskeys (see below).
- All pages are designed with separate cascading style sheets which can be replaced by user-defined style sheets.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), along with other groups and standards bodies, has established technologies for creating and interpreting web-based content. These technologies, which are referred to as web standards are carefully designed to deliver the greatest benefits to the greatest number of web users while ensuring the long-term viability of any document published on the web.
By designing and developing this website with these standards, we simplify and lower the cost of production and maintenance and are able to deliver content that is accessible to more people and more types of Internet devices. Websites developed along these lines will continue to function correctly as traditional desktop browsers evolve, and as new Internet devices come to market.
Accesskeys have been implemented throughout the site. Accesskeys allow users to directly activate a link using only their keyboard. A full list of the accesskeys used on this site is provided below.
The procedure for accesskeys varies depending on which web browser you view the site with. The following table shows the accesskey combinations for a range of popular web browsers:
|Windows||Firefox||SHIFT + ALT + Accesskey|
|Windows||Internet Explorer||ALT + Accesskey (to focus the link) + ENTER to activate|
|OS X||Firefox||SHIFT + CONTROL + Accesskey|
|OS X||Safari||CONTROL + Accesskey|